DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION PHASE SERVICES:
- Structural drawings and construction phase services for new construction
of industrial, residential, mixed use and low-rise commercial buildings
and additions and alterations to buildings of all types and construction
- Comprehensive structural drawings or drawings to address
specific structural conditions or inadequacies.
- Retaining walls.
- Post-tensioned concrete.
- Engineered lumber.
- Repair of structural foundation cracks.
- Non-standard / small / unusual projects.
- Site visits: Building codes generally require site visits during
construction for projects involving structural design services.
Site visits are a non-comprehensive review of construction
in place and construction progress.
- Review of submittals: Building codes require a review of
certain contractor / fabricator submittals and quality control
procedures for most non-residential projects and for some
- Administration of structural tests and inspections: Building codes
require construction phase tests and inspections for most projects of
significant size other than detached one- and two-family dwellings.
A registered engineer or other suitable professional must perform
certain administrative duties.
- Inspection: Inspection of structural steel fabrication, erection
and / or field welding is offered on a limited basis depending on
project size, scheduling constraints and other considerations.
- At this time, structural drawings produced by this office are typically
- Also refer to “Reports related to construction projects” described below.
- Reports Related to Construction Projects: Reports are issued for the
various site visit, administrative, and inspection services that are
described above under “design and construction phase services”. A
report conveying an overview of applicable structural code requirements
can also be provided at the conceptual stage to serve as a planning
- Reports Not Related to Construction Projects: Structural engineers often
are called upon to provide guidance when structural code requirements,
questionable structural performance or defective conditions require
clarification. Some of the types of structural consulting reports are as
- Identification of structural problems and recommendations for
- Insurance loss and warranty loss investigations.
- Forensic engineering.
- Pre-purchase review of homes and commercial buildings.
- For all of the above-described types of reports, Maiocco Structural
Engineering provides the relevant information in a clear, well-organized